Letterman’s ’Top Ten U.S. Airways Excuses’
From the March 25 Late Show with David Letterman, inspired by news a pilot accidentally shot his gun in the cockpit, the "Top Ten U.S. Airways Excuses" Late Show home page: www.cbs.com
10. Thought it would be fun to shoot empty liquor bottles
9. Air traffic controller’s "Clear to land" misheard as "Squeeze off a round"
8. Media never reports when plane takes off and pilot’s gun doesn’t go off
7. Pilot thought he saw one of them "Cloverfield" Godzillas -- Buy "Cloverfield" on DVD April 22nd
6. Oh, like you’ve never fired a weapon onboard a passenger plane before
5. Don’t worry -- His parole officer was in the cockpit
4. Chillax, bro
3. This is what happens when you let Dick Cheney fly a plane -- Did you see it coming folks?
2. If you didn’t want gunplay, maybe you should have flown United
1. Pilot distraught after picking Duke to win it all