Sunday, September 28, 2008

My Name Is Senator McCain and Not John and Stop Agreeing Everything I Say

My Name Is Senator McCain and Not John and Stop Agreeing Everything I Say
Current mood: sleepy
Category: News and Politics


I have no idea who actually won the debate. Both sides are claiming victory, but honestly, I only see one and that is John McCain. I am not only basing it on substance, but the level of maturity by McCain not to stoop at the same level to Obamas cheap shot is honorable. If you haven't noticed, Obama took aim to be condescending to John McCain by calling the Senator of Arizona by his first name.

There is one pet peeve I detest most of all is when children call their elders by their first name. I also go off the deep end when I hear children call their parents by their first name too. I would love to grab the kid by the arm and give some tough love with the back of my hand. Society has taught our kids not to respect authority. This is one example of that and such practice need to cease.

Sorry to digress, but when I see Obama, who is 47 years of age, calls John McCain by his first name, I just want to cringe. That is a sign of showing disrespect to a man whose credentials exceed any experience the junior senator from Illinois could ever bestow. I like how McCain keep is head focus toward the moderator without ever glancing toward Obamas direction.

I was also annoyed by Obama interrupting McCain as he spoked and raising his hand to get the moderator's attention like he needed to go to the bathroom. I had to roll my eyes when Obama kept looking at his watch like he had to be somewhere. I had to laugh out loud when Obama had to interject after McCain mention he was wearing a color bracelet that Obama wore one too. In fact, Obama didn't know the soldier's name that the bracelet represented until he took a glance at it. I just wish that Obama keep his mouth shut because his stammering and stuttering got increasing apparent as the questions got harder.

I just don't understand why people like Obama. He surely doesn't fit the roll of a leader. Heck, he practically agreed on many stances that McCain took. Throughout the debate, I counted at least eight times that Obama agreed with McCain. Obama said:

"I think Senator McCain's absolutely right that we need more responsibility…"

"Senator McCain is absolutely right that the earmarks process has been abused…"

"He's also right that oftentimes lobbyists and special interests are the ones that are introducing these…requests…"


"John mentioned the fact that business taxes on paper are high in this country, and he's absolutely right…"

"John is right we have to make cuts…"

"Senator McCain is absolutely right that the violence has been reduced as a consequence of the extraordinary sacrifice of our troops and our military families…"

"John — you're absolutely right that presidents have to be prudent in what they say…"

"Senator McCain is absolutely right, we cannot tolerate a nuclear Iran…"

So, the questions should be posed in the manner what Fred Thompson said, "Do you know everything about the man you are voting for and can you trust that person to lead the USA?" The answer is not that hard to figure out because it is not above your pay grade.