Biden Talks Stupid During The VP Debate
Category: News and Politics
From the debate, Biden not only wouldn't shut up, he started to spew idiotic lies and misinformation. I start to notice when he enjoyed throwing out unrealistic facts and figures out of thin air. Did you notice some of the following that was so obvious to me?
* Biden said, "It's simply not true that Barack Obama said he'd meet Iran's president without preconditions."
Yet when Obama was asked if he would in a debate during the primaries, he said yes. Even Biden back then called Obamas remark "naive."
* Biden said during the debate he's "always supported" clean-coal technology, but after stammering emphatically just last month, "I do not support clean coal."
* Biden repeatedly asserted that the US spends more money on three weeks' combat in Iraq than it's spent in Afghanistan since the war began.
Well, that claim's maybe true if he limits Afghan expenditures merely to US rebuilding efforts. But according to State Department numbers, Joe Blow - would been off by a factor of three.
* Biden repeatedly insisted that "our commanding general in Afghanistan said the surge principle in Iraq will not work."
Actually, Sarah Palin corrected Biden's dangerous statement by saying, "What Gen. David McKiernan had said was that tribal realities in Afghanistan are very different than in Iraq, which requirie a different form of cooperation of more troops and local tribal support." In other words, Biden and Obama supports an Afghanistan surge. The same SURGE in Iraq that Biden and Obama opposes.
* Then there was the classic Bidens "WTF??" moment. Biden said,
"When . . . along with France, we kicked Hezbollah out of Lebanon, I said and Barack said, 'Move NATO forces in there. Fill the vacuum, because if you don't, Hezbollah will control it."
Huh? What the hell??
A friend of mine helped with with this one. Alfonzo said that Biden was referring to 2005,when American and French gave pressure to help the Lebanese people kick Syrian troops out of Lebanon. NATO never occupied in that deeply divided country as if America's NATO allies would have gone in the first place. But hey, it wouldn't be a Biden moment to opine and bloviate into a 5 minute leture.
You gotta love Biden, who is just a heart beat away to the White House. OMG, that is a scary thought. LOL.