Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Daily Koz is Right to Call Colin Powell an Uncle Tom

It is official. Retired General Colin Powell is an "Uncle Tom." Hey, don't blame me. Every media out and left-wing bloggers coined it because Powell gave damning evidence that we needed to go into Iraq and he was George Bush's bitch.

Ironically, but not surprise, Powell announced Sunday morning that he endorses Obama. Powell, who was a field soldier during the Vietnam War, is a sub-level general that gained status through the connections he made during the Reagan, Bush '41, and George W. Bush's Administration. I don't mind if Powell endorses Obama, but tell the truth of the reasons why.

Hey, it is a black thing and that's the fact "jack"!

Powell states:

"I think we need a transformational figure. I think we need a president who is a generational change and that's why I'm supporting Barack Obama, not out of any lack of respect or admiration for Sen. John McCain... McCain has been a good friend for 25 years but I expressed disappointment in the negative tone of McCain's campaign, as well as in his choice of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as the Republican vice presidential nominee. I don't believe she's ready to be president of the United States."

Well, personally, I find Powell full of crap and a hypocrite. The Daily Koz was right to call him an "Uncle Tom." Powell just showed that his racial preference trumps his political affiliation, which I don't have a problem. I see him as an opportunist and I'm curious what the Obama camp gave Powell to get his endorsement. I want Powell to "fess-up" and say that he supports Obama because of skin color. So far, Powell's reasoning not to support McCain is lame.

I thought military men had a code of honor and respect. Powell and McCain both served in Vietnam. While Powell served as a field soldier and McCain was being tortured in Hanoi Hilton, Obama's buddy Ayers was bombing the Pentagon and the Capitol. While Powell was endorsing the war in Iraq, Obama stood firm against it and later wanted immediate troop withdrawal. If Powell suggested that it's not a black thing, which he is lying, then why did he say it would be energizing to see an African-American in the White House.

I'm perplexed that Obama is boasting that he got a Republican cabinet member to endorse him. The media has been on over drive getting this news out. I say, "big freaking deal." McCain got the endorsement by former vice presidential Democrat candidate Joe Leiberman, but don't expect any mention of it by the dinasuar media.