Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Simulus Bill Did Not Bring Down Unemployment as Promised

It amazes me that I had to subject myself to listen to Vice President Joe Biden to fully understand what Obama is thinking. On Sunday, Biden said that "everyone guessed wrong" on the unemployment predictions. I don’t know what world Biden comes from, but it astounds me when he says, "The bottom line is that jobs are being created that would not have been there before."

What jobs? The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that unemployment rose to 9.4 percent. Wasn’t it 10 days before Obama took office, his economic team reported that unemployment would remain at 8 percent or below through 2009 if an economic stimulus plan pass through Congress? Well, the $747 billion stimulus bill was passed and unemployment went to 9.4 percent. What does that tell you? The stimulus package doesn’t work.

I really don’t care if Obama knows there is a gap between his message and the signing of the $747 billion stimulus bill, the reality is that 16 million people are still unemployed. I really don’t care that the Obama Administration finally realized how bad is the economy. Telling us that we needed this stimulus bill and making foolish predictions on unemployment are bogus. We, the American people, got duped! I don’t want to hear excuses that the Administration used research models that didn’t align with reality. Heck, I probably could have done better with an Ouija board.

I am angry that Obama is making Biden as the chief spokesman for the stimulus plan, sending him cross country drumming up support. So far, Biden went to Pennsylvania, Kansas, and Michigan highlighting the benefits of the plan, even though the plan has not yet made an impact it promised. The best statement the vice-president made is that while the economy is still losing jobs, job losses each month have dropped.

God Bless Joe Biden. May the Lord give Biden a brain!