Monday, April 5, 2010

Obama Takes 17 Minutes to Answer One Simple Question

If you are Obama, there is only one way to answer a question- bore them to death. I thought a community organizer would have some organization skills to put thought into words, but I was wrong. Not only I am perplexed by his lack of intellect, I am starting to wonder if his higher form of education he received was enough. I thought Obama was well versed in public speaking; but again, I was sadly wrong.

The other day at a town hall meeting at an advance battery technology manufacturing plant, a concerned citizen ask Obama if it was wise to add more taxes with the healthcare package.

I would accept any answer like “I will get back to you on that,” or “I just don’t know.” I would even go so far and take the bull-crap talking point rhetoric from the MSM, but not his president. He had to be different. I was surprise that Obama was stumped on a simple question regarding his healthcare bill.

Did you know he stuttered and went off in tangents to give an answer? The most embarrassing part of it is that he spent 17 minutes and 2,500 words to give an “answer.” The crowd was dumbfounded in utter disbelief. Obama wandered from topic to topic to find an answer that would stick. He went into a tirade of gibberish on the deficit, CBO reports on Medicare waste, COBRA coverage, eliminating foreign aid, Warren Buffett, earmarks, and increasing FICA to fund Medicare.

That didn’t end there. He went on a bullet train of randomness to find the answer suitable for the questioner. He said:

"Number one is that we are the only -- we have been, up until last week, the only advanced country that allows 50 million of its citizens to not have any health insurance."

"Number two, you don't know who might end up being in that situation."

"Point number three is that the way insurance companies have been operating, even if you've got health insurance you don't always know what you got, because what has been increasingly the practice is that if you're not lucky enough to work for a big company that is a big pool, that essentially is almost a self-insurer, then what's happening is, is you're going out on the marketplace, you may be buying insurance, you think you're covered, but then when you get sick they decide to drop the insurance right when you need it."

Then this idiot president started to realize he was losing his audience because many were starting to yawn. So, Obama went on that bullet train and blurted out 3 more points. After realizing he was going all over the place, he actually apologized for his long winded answer. Then the real kicker came out from his mouth. He said, "I hope I answered your question."

I wonder if Obama knew that he was making a fool of himself. For a president who never read the bill, I really don’t think he should be the one jet setting all over the country trying to get support for Universal Healthcare. I think he did himself an injustice to parade himself as Commander-in-Chief to get public support on a bad bill. It was one of the most embarrassing moments that I actually felt for him, Nah, I was overjoyed with glee. HAHA